NeoVaxSyn, Inc. is a startup company located in Ames, IA, conducting infectious diseases vaccine R&D. The company focuses on designing novel vaccine candidates that can induce broadly protective neutralizing antibodies against viruses. We are currently focusing on developing vaccines against HIV-1, influenza virus and SARS-CoV-2. The company is currently conducting research funded by the National Institutes of Health to develop and evaluate AIDS vaccine candidates.
The company currently has openings for the following positions:
Post-Doctoral Research Associate or Scientist
Required Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Immunology or other related fields.
• MS with >3 years of research experience will also be considered.
• Experience in working with viruses (especially HIV-1 and/or influenza)
• Experience in various molecular biology, biochemistry and immunological techniques including PCR, gene cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification, and immunoassays (ELISA, Western blot, ELISPOT, FACS).
• Experience in working with laboratory animals (injecting, collecting blood samples).
The candidate will be involved in various aspects of vaccine research and development, including structure-based immunogen design, molecular cloning and production of immunogens, immunization of small laboratory animals, evaluation of antibody responses, hybridoma production, and molecular cloning and production of monoclonal antibodies.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possesses the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. The ability to communicate well orally and in writing is also essential for this position.
The position is available immediately. Interested individuals should submit the following items to: email@example.com
• Cover letter indicating research interests and long-term career goals
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
• Contact Information for Three References.
vaccine; AIDS; HIV-1; influenza; SARS-CoV-2; COVID-19; virus