Texas Biomed is searching for a Research Education Director to join our team. This role will lead and implement internal educational programs offered by Texas Biomed at the undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral, early-career scientist level and for faculty. This position requires oversight of internal education budgets necessary for program implementation and a keen knowledge of academic research education, including grant preparation.
• Develop and maintain the research education program, budget, and collateral materials
• Partner with educational outreach staff to ensure seamless education coverage from K through faculty
• Track numbers, activities, and collate metrics for career outcomes of trainees
• Develop and provide career development training for graduate students, post-docs, staff scientists, and faculty
• Oversight of intuitional research education events
• Assist in identifying, writing and submitting T32 grants and other educational grant awards
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Holds Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science or related field; Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
• Demonstrates experience/knowledge of internal education program management and grant writing
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing
• Experienced working in the academic sciences (teaching, service and research)
Who We Are:
Texas Biomedical Research Institute is one of the world's leading independent biomedical research institutions dedicated to advancing global human health through innovative biomedical research. Texas Biomed aims to unravel the mysteries of infectious diseases through innovative thinking, creative problem solving and cutting- edge technologies.
What We Can Offer You:
• Competitive pay
• 7% Employer-Funded retirement contribution beginning on day one, plus an optional tax-deferred annuity
• Full insurance benefits
• Holidays, PTO and a paid week off in the last week of December
• Hybrid work environment (partially work from home and partially work at the office)
**All new hires must present proof of an up to date COVID-19 immunization record to include booster(s), if eligible.
Creating the TIDES of Change in Bioscience
Teamwork | Integrity | Diversity | Excellence | Safety