The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Ability to plan and perform experiments independently
• Ability to observe and record experiments/research and report accurately
• Writing skills for protocols, reports, journal manuscripts and funding applications
• Able to plan and perform experiments in an independent manner with minimal supervision
• Able to write papers, protocols, and lab reports associated with project
• Mentoring and teaching skills for interaction with graduate students
• Presentation skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field. Scientific research experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Experience in experiments.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION OF POSITION: High containment animal facility environment. Pregnancy may become a safety factor in some laboratory animal science duties. Potential exposure to radiation and biohazards. May require completion of appropriate vaccinations. Regular use of PPE including BSL-4 positive pressure suits required. The applicant must meet all State and Federal requirements necessary for working with Select Agents and Tier 1 pathogens.
Interested applicants please apply to requisition # 2102200 Postdoctoral Fellow via https://www.utmb.edu/hr/careers