A postdoctoral position is available immediately in Folimonova Lab at the University of Florida, Department of Plant Pathology, Gainesville, FL to conduct research in the area of molecular biology and molecular genetics of RNA viruses. Specifically, our laboratory is examining the involvement of viral and host factors in the interaction of Citrus tristeza virus with its host as well as the interactions between different virus strains. Our research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, USA.
A successful candidate should have:
- A recent PhD (or an equivalent degree) in virology or molecular biology, biochemistry or in another related field
- Strong skills in cloning and other molecular biology techniques
- Experience in RNA and protein biology
- Previous experience with confocal microscopy and/or electron microscopy
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills documented by publications in the leading scientific journals
- Must be able to carry research independently as well as work in a team and will be expected to assist undergraduate and graduate students in the lab.
The position is located at the University of Florida, Department of Plant Pathology, Gainesville, FL.
Salary starts at $48,000 per year plus benefits.
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter, CV, names of three people that could provide professional recommendations, and contact information to Dr. Svetlana Folimonova (firstname.lastname@example.org).