If this is of interest to you can find the link with more info and the ability to apply here:
But here are the main details.
Posting Detail Information
Working Title Teaching Track Assistant or Associate Professor
Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Work Location Position is fully in-office/in-person
Posting Number 202300119F
Proposed Annual Salary Range Salary is commensurate with experience and rank at hire. Typical 9-month salary range for Assistant Professor is $80,000-$86,500 and Associate Professor $90,000-$110,000
Employee Benefits Colorado State University is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for eligible employees in the following University benefit areas:https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ and https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/. To see the value of CSU benefits in addition to wages, visit our compensation calculator – https://hr.colostate.edu/total-compensation-calculator/.
Position Type Faculty
Work Hours/Week 40
Description of Work Unit The Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology (MIP) Department is comprised of over 400 individuals who share a common passion for solving some of the most important human and animal health problems today. Research programs include those related to mycobacteria, retroviruses, prions, and arthropod-borne infectious diseases, as well as education research and diagnostic investigation of naturally-occurring animal diseases. MIP has been a leader in
1. Establishing commensurate professional recognition for educators,
2. Applications of cutting-edge pedagogy,
3. Education research,
4. Providing high quality, meaningful student research experiences,
5. Establishing university educational initiatives, and
6. Integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our mission.
Tenure/Tenure Track? Yes
% Research 25
% Teaching 65
% Service 10
% Administration 0
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 05/21/2023
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date
Position Summary The Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, within the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, is inviting applications for a 9-month, assistant or associate professor appointment. The position is a full time, tenure-track, teaching faculty position. Advancement in this series requires excellence in teaching and service, as well as making recognized contributions to the development of one’s specific discipline and/or pedagogy. The successful candidate will substantially participate in the undergraduate teaching mission of the department, as well as play a leadership role in microbiology education research, working with other faculty to develop, implement and assess innovative, equitable, and inclusive pedagogical initiatives. We are seeking a candidate who is a strong team player and dedicated to providing evidence-based teaching in our undergraduate program, with demonstrated awareness of best-practices in teaching including expertise in student-centered instructional methods to teach large (>150 students) undergraduate courses. The position will include teaching virology, cell culture, general microbiology, and other higher-level courses that use high-impact, active learning strategies and where instructors work as a team to ensure consistency across sections.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Required Job Qualifications Assistant Professor:
PhD (or equivalent degree) in microbiology or related field with research focus on virology. Experience as a postdoctoral fellow or assistant professor.
PhD (or equivalent degree) in microbiology or related field with research focus on virology. Currently at the rank of associate professor or 3+ years of experience at the assistant level.
For each level, required credentials must include:
1. 2+ years of experience teaching undergraduate lecture courses such as virology, microbiology, or related field
2. Evidence of conducting and publishing research and/or authorship of scholarly works such as manuscripts, reviews, or book chapters
3. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
4. Demonstrated use of innovative, evidence-based teaching strategies
Preferred Job Qualifications 1. Evidence of conducting and/or publishing discipline-based education research
2. Evidence of applying for and/or securing internal funding, and/or contributing to collaborative proposals for external funding, with a focus on education research
3. Evidence of collecting metrics of teaching methodologies
4. Evidence of engaging students in high-impact learning activities, such as service-learning, community outreach, learning assistant training, mentoring, bench science research, education research, etc.
5. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
6. Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
Special Instructions to Applicants Please submit a CV, cover letter, statement of commitment to diversity and inclusion, research statement, and a statement of teaching philosophy that describes your approach to teaching / teaching philosophy in 1-2 pages. Be sure to address the following:
1. How do you use evidence to inform continual course improvement?
2. How do you align your curriculum to meet your course objectives/outcomes, and how do you assess student learning?
3. Please illustrate with examples of how you incorporate new techniques, activities, curriculum, and technology into your teaching.
4. How do you integrate inclusive pedagogy?
5. Please provide evidence of your teaching effectiveness.
6. How do you plan to grow as an educator inside and outside the department of MIP
Research Statement: Please describe your research / scholarly activity in 1-2 pages. Please be sure to address how your research / scholarly activity efforts impact teaching and learning.
Also, a statement of commitment to DEI: In one page, please describe how you’ve demonstrated your commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). In particular, please address the following:
1. Discuss your knowledge/background education around JEDI issues
2. Describe how you have advanced JEDI in your previous roles
3. Describe how you hope to advance JEDI initiatives in the role you’re applying for
4. Describe your continued learning related to JEDI
5. Describe how you have supported and promoted underrepresented community members
For full consideration, Please apply on or before May 21, 2023 by 11:59 MST via https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/124798
Application will be open until position is filled.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Background Check Policy Statement Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks for the finalist before a final offer. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
EEO Statement Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, email@example.com.
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the University’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education.
Diversity Statement Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Search Contact Jenny.McLean@Colostate.edu
Job Duty Category Teaching
Duty/Responsibility 1. Provide teaching in the undergraduate curriculum of the department, including didactic and experiential and/or laboratory courses.
2. Participate in the development of new courses and curriculum.
3. The use of current, evidence-backed teaching strategies is required, and collecting performance metrics is expected.
4. Working as part of a collaborative teaching and education research team is also part of the commitment.
Percentage Of Time 65
Job Duty Category Service
Duty/Responsibility 1. Serve on departmental, college and university committees, particularly those related to teaching and curricular development.
2. Service will include teaching and learning-related activities.
Percentage Of Time 10
Job Duty Category Research/scholarly activity
Duty/Responsibility 1. Participate in our education research program, publish findings in peer-reviewed journals, and disseminate/share work through presentations and seminars.
2. Establish excellence in discipline-based education research and interdisciplinary collaboration with scholars in the social sciences, education and/or other STEM fields.
3. Engage in pedagogical innovation and employ rigorous qualitative and quantitative approaches to address understudied questions of broad importance regarding student learning in higher education.
4. Strong candidates may also conduct biomedical research, engaging undergraduate students in laboratory research experiences.
Percentage Of Time 25
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Statement of Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
4. Statement of Research Interests
5. Statement of Teaching Philosophy