RESEARCHER 2 POSITION
Applicants are invited to a Researcher 2 position in the Laboratory of Structural Biology of Disease at the Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, the University of Minnesota, headed by Dr. Fang Li (PI).
• A master's degree in Molecular Biology or related fields or a bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology with 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Hands-on experiences include molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, protein expression and purification.
• Innovation and self-motivation, capable of working independently and in a team setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• 70% - Perform molecular biology and protein biochemistry experiments to study virus entry into host cells. The incumbent will be supervised, but he/she needs to learn to be independent.
• 30% - Assist with various administrative duties related to the functioning of the laboratory.
Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please submit your current CV, a research statement, and two recommendation letters directly to Dr. Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information about Dr. Li's lab can be found at http://www.msi.umn.edu/~lifang.