The Department of Biomedical Sciences (https://www.missouristate.edu/BMS/) in the McQueary College of Health and Human Services (https://mchhs.missouristate.edu) at Missouri State University is searching for a colleague to join our vibrant and collegial department. The position is for a tenure track, nine-month appointment at the Assistant Professor rank.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to inclusive teaching practices and expertise in cell and molecular biology. Teaching responsibilities include instructing, advising, and supporting both undergraduate and graduate students as well as providing access to high impact practices aimed at increasing student retention, persistence, and success. Research responsibilities include development of an active research program involving undergraduate and graduate (M.S.) students resulting in peer-reviewed publications and applications for extramural funding to support research. Candidates should provide service to the department, college, university, and community to fulfill the Public Affairs Mission.
The candidate must have the following:
• A doctorate (Ph.D.) in cellular and molecular biology, cellular and molecular physiology, or closely related field
• Ability to teach courses in molecular cell biology, signal transduction, cancer biology, virology, or molecular and cellular physiology
• Potential for, or evidence of, application of innovative, learner-centered pedagogy
• Involvement and ability to engage students in biomedical science research.
• A publication record in peer-reviewed journals
• Ability or potential to mentor and support our student population
• Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.