The University of Vermont, Biosafety Officer
The University of Vermont is seeking a Biological Safety Officer to foster safe laboratory practices and ensure compliance with university policies, and federal and state requirements.
This position will work with campus partners to:
• Manage and develop UVM’s Biosafety Program for research - including assessing protocols, developing SOPs, providing instruction, and reporting on efficacy of the program;
• Support UVM’s BSL-3 Research Facility;
• Manage UVM’s exposure control program for bloodborne pathogens;
• Support general laboratory and research safety; and
• Plan for and respond to campus emergencies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related field (advanced degree preferred);
• Five years of demonstrated experience working in environmental health and safety field;
• Comprehensive knowledge of biosafety regulations, guidelines, principles and best practices;
• Registered Biosafety Professional (RBP) or Certified Biological Safety Professional (CBSP) (or ability to obtain);
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to take initiative and think critically and creatively, and to work both independently and as a member of the team; and
• Demonstrated ongoing commitment to workplace diversity, sustainability and delivering exceptional value and great customer service.
• Prior experience at a university or insurance company is desirable.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
For further information on Job Posting #48478, or to apply with electronic application, resume, cover letter, and a list of references with contact information, visit our website at: www.uvmjobs.com. Tel: 802.656.3150.