Technology Transfer Fellowship Program
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), one of the largest Institutes of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking motivated and highly qualified applicants for the NIAID Technology Transfer Fellowship Program (TTFP) in the Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO). TTIPO advances development and commercialization of NIAID and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) inventions.
The NIAID TTFP enables individuals to complement their scientific and/or legal background with experience in technology transfer. Work side-by-side with world-renowned NIAID and CDC scientists and be a part of the team that helps transfer innovations from the lab to commercial products (including vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics) that benefit global public health.
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about the policies and laws that drive technology transfer at NIH and develop skills for a career in technology transfer. This TTFP prepares fellows for technology transfer positions within universities, industry, or the government (with most former fellows becoming federal employees).
Fellows in the NIAID TTFP will be mentored in areas such as:
• Reviewing inventions reported by NIAID or CDC scientists for potential patenting, licensing, and/or marketing.
• Negotiating confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, cooperative research and development agreements, and other technology transfer agreements for NIAID.
• Negotiating licenses for NIAID and CDC technologies and monitoring CDC licenses for compliance.
Visit the TTIPO websitefor more information.
• Ph.D. with a background in science and/or law
• Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with scientific, technical, professional, and administrative staff
Please note that this program is administered by Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE). Applications must be submitted directly to ORISE at http://bit.ly/2Q6rXH8, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Stipend is non-negotiable.
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about working in NIAID’s exciting and dynamic research organization.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers.