Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Study Support Research Associate to support the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Fort Detrick, MD.
• Routinely perform clinical analysis in areas of hematology, hemostasis, clinical chemistry
• Perform routine operation of instrumentation to include QC, QA, and maintenance
• Perform specimen processing for blood, body fluid, and tissue
• Perform virology assays, such as viral plaque assays, ELISA, DNA and RNA purification, real time quantitative
• Implement assays per well-documented standards and contribute to the development of standard methods
• Effectively manage tasks and can rapidly adjust to changing experimental priorities
• Routinely work in high containment laboratories
• General lab safety, organization, and maintenance
• Maintain freezer and reagent inventories, common lab stocks, and lab equipment
• Prepare packages for shipment
• Participate in general laboratory housekeeping, to include biohazard waste management
• Participate in a wide range of research facilitation, laboratory studies, analyses, analytic and computational models, simulations, and other technical and analytical support
• Play a role in ensuring that the Biosurety program promotes a security conscious culture
• Comply with the physical security, protection of the division’s property, protection of information, cyber security, agent protection, control and accountability, safe disposal and waste handling, and personal security guidelines set forth by the division’s Biosurety program.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• US citizenship or permanent residence
• Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience
• Experience with using and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation that are used for clinical analysis, such as hematology, coagulation, clinical chemistry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening
• Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent approval
• Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents
• Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) and/or 3 (BSL3) and/or 4 (BSL 4) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
• Experience with viral Select Agents is highly desired
• Experience in BSL-3 or BSL-4 containment
• Good Laboratory Practice experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the biological sciences or medical technologist certification
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A Tier 3 clearance will be required
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.