Dr. Mohsan Saeed’s laboratory at Boston University’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Associate for a project on the interplay between viruses and the host innate immune system. The candidate will investigate the molecular details of how respiratory viruses, particularly those from the Picornaviridae and Coronaviridae families, overpower antiviral immunity and cause disease. The work will employ stem cell-derived models of virus infection and utilize modern molecular techniques, including CRISPR/Cas9, proximity-based protein labeling, proteomics, single-cell RNA sequencing, and high-resolution cell imaging. The strong conceptual and technological foundation of the proposed projects along with the presence of compelling preliminary data present a solid platform for several high-quality publications.
The candidate will benefit from:
• The high-tech facilities and an extremely resourceful environment of the NEIDL (https://www.bu.edu/neidl/)
• Saeed lab’s ongoing collaborations with several groups at Harvard Medical School, MIT, Broad Institute, and Boston University School of Medicine
• Saeed lab’s close partnerships with Boston University’s Center for Regenerative Medicine (https://www.bu.edu/dbin/stemcells/) and Center for Network Systems Biology (https://cnsb.bu.edu/home-page/)
• NEIDL’s extraordinary seminar series featuring world-renowned experts in virology, emerging infectious diseases, and immunology
• A large number of outstanding benefit programs offered by the Boston University (www.bu.edu/benefits)
• A highly rich academic environment of the city of Boston.
The ideal candidate should have a recent Ph.D. or equivalent degree in molecular microbiology, extensive experience with viruses and cell culture, first-author publications in peer reviewed journals, strong communication and analytical abilities, and enthusiasm for basic science research. The candidates with expertise in stem cell technology and/or computational biology will be preferred.
Please send your resume/CV and list of publications to Dr. Mohsan Saeed at email@example.com
Some of our recent publications on SARS-CoV-2 can be seen here: