The laboratory of Dr. Marlene Bouvier in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Illinois at Chicago has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to play an active role in our ongoing studies of immune evasion mechanisms involving Adenovirus and immune cell surface receptors (host-pathogen interactions). We address key questions pertinent to how the virus manipulates host immune (adaptive and innate) functions to establish infection and persist in host cells. We are seeking a highly motivated and intellectually curious individual with a rigorous training in virology, immunology, or related fields and advanced hands on experience in molecular biology and other techniques such as generation of virus stocks, acquisition and analysis of flow cytometry data, quantitative PCR, cell-based and biochemical assays, and maintenance of mammalian cells. Experience with imaging techniques would be a plus.
Qualifications: PhD degree in Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related fields with hands on research experience in the techniques listed above.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a complete CV describing prior research experience and names of three references. Visit our lab website for more information: https://mbouvier8.wixsite.com/marlenebouvierlab
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job Responsibilities :
• Design, plan and execute experiments in the areas described above and analyze results
• Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
• Keep detailed and organized records of raw data, experiments, and results
• Contribute to the design of new protocols and experiments.
• Keep up with relevant scientific literature
• Work cooperatively with other lab members and staff of core facilities.
• Able to supervise and train other lab members in specialized tasks
• Assist the PI with grant applications, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.