Centre Armand-Frappier Santé Biotechnologie (AFSB) of the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the field of host-pathogen interactions. We are interested in outstanding candidates with a strong track record and expertise, notably in omics and bio-imaging, to study emerging, re-emerging, and neglected infectious diseases. A particular attention will be given to applicants in the area of virology. The successful candidate is expected to build and maintain a recognized, innovative, and extramurally funded research program and to teach in the Centre AFSB graduate programs.
The Centre AFSB provides access to cutting edge core facilities, including advanced confocal microscopy and flow cytometry, electron microscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance, proteomics analysis, as well as a BSL3 facility. The Centre also has close ties to the INRS Centre National de Biologie Expérimentale, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to animal research. Some fifty professors are part of this collegial work environment, conducting research and providing advanced training in the areas of infection and immunity, environment and heredity on disease development, therapeutic and prophylactic agents, and biotechnology.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop an original and innovative research program related to the previous description;
• Work collaboratively with existing research teams and develop and maintain partnerships with groups outside the Centre AFSB;
• Secure extramural funding (from provincial and federal agencies and also involving various partners from public and private sectors whenever needed / pertinent);
• Teach and supervise graduate students (both M.Sc. and Ph.D. students), and supervise postdoctoral fellows and research staff.
• Doctorate in a related biomedical field;
• Relevant postdoctoral research experience would be an asset;
• Strong publication and achievement record illustrating leadership and innovation;
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and networks
• Technical and academic expertise that will be an asset to the AFSB Research Centre (https://inrs.ca/en/research/research-themes/infection-and-immunity/);
• Aptitude for fundamental and applied research, as well as multidisciplinary teaching and mentoring at the master and doctorate levels;
• Entrepreneurial qualities and demonstrated ability to secure research funding from granting agencies.
French is the working language of the INRS. Fluency in English is essential. Applicants whose native language is not French are encouraged to apply. The Centre will provide them with the resources necessary to facilitate their learning of the French language.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
INRS is committed to promote equity, diversity and inclusion and invites all qualified candidate to apply, including women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities, in relation to the Equal access to employment programs. However, Canadian and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Each candidate is invited, when submitting their application, to inform us, in complete confidentiality, of any disability that may require adaptation of the selection tools. INRS also asks its selection committees to take account of career interruptions and special circumstances when reviewing applications. Applicants are therefore invited to indicate the nature of these interruptions or special circumstances in their cover letter.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their application including a complete curriculum vitae, a copy of their three most significant publications, a description of their current and proposed research, an overview of their teaching interests and the names and contact information of three references, before November 30th, 2020, mentioning position number AP 18-14 to:
Centre Armand-Frappier Santé Biotechnologie
531, boulevard des Prairies
Laval, Quebec, Canada, H7V1B7