The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Research Associate position. This research position will have the responsibility to plan and conduct experiments under the supervision of the PI, keep laboratory records, and help the PI to prepare research proposal and manuscripts.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Plan and conduct experiments, keep laboratory record, write and edit manuscripts and grant applications with minimum supervision from the PI.
• Specifically, design and perform experiments on swine viral pathogen virus-host interactions, vaccine development, virus isolation, cell culture, SDS-PAGE, immunoassays, blood collection from animals, and viral challenge studies using animals
• Present data in lab meeting and national and international meetings. Help junior postdoc and graduate students. Perform other duties as assigned by the PI.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Masters Degree
• Two years working experience in a BSL-2 research facility with immunology, virology or vaccine research
• Working experience in viral and/or vaccine research
• Good oral and written communication skills
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references at https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/507401/research-associate-anatomy-physiology. Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please forward any questions to Dr. Jishu Shi at email@example.com.