The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), one of the largest Institutes of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking an exceptional and motivated leader to serve as a physician within the Allergy, Asthma, and Airway Biology Branch (AAABB) in the Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation (DAIT). DAIT supports basic and clinical research to improve our understanding of fundamental immunology and the causes of diseases such as asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis, and drug allergy to ultimately develop better diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies. DAIT initiates approximately 25 clinical trials per year and supports 90 ongoing trials through the extramural clinical research program.
The physician will have a wide range of responsibilities relating to the oversight of a major extramural clinical research program. Duties include development of clinical trial research concepts and protocols, oversight and coordination of active trials, data analysis and evaluation, and publication of results.
• U.S. citizen
• M.D. or D.O.
• Board certification in internal medicine, pediatrics, or dermatology
• Relevant training or board certification in allergy and asthma
Candidates must have experience and skills in the following fields:
• Knowledge of basic immunological mechanisms and their importance in allergic diseases
• Specialized clinical skills in allergic diseases
• Conduct and oversight of clinical trials, safety monitoring, and human research protections
• Evaluating and interpreting scientific and clinical data and developing manuscripts for publication
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present research findings to internal and external audiences
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Apply to job announcement(s) NIH-GR-DH-19-10512013 (Clinical) or NIH-GR-DH-19-10505980 (Research) via www.USAJobs.com between June 26 and July 5, 2019. Applicants with active medical licenses should apply to the clinical announcement. Those without a medical license should apply to the research announcement. For more information about physician positions and qualification requirements, visit Global Recruitment.
If you have questions about how to apply, contact Heather Powell at 301-827-3982 or Heather.Powell@nih.gov. If you have questions about the position, contact Eric Sofranko at email@example.com.
Visit NIAID Careers for additional opportunities and information about working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.