Dr Mookkan Prabakaran Group: Postdoctoral position
A Postdoctoral position is available in Dr Prabakaran Group. The research group is interested in identification of neutralizing epitopes of major avian influenza A subtypes for broad vaccine design, development of viral-vectored multivalent vaccines, understanding the molecular viral pathogenesis and virus-host cell interactions of infectious viruses.
• The research projects will involve viral vector construction and use, reverse genetics, generation of neutralizing antibodies for therapeutics and vaccine design
• Also include studies on molecular pathogenesis and host-virus interactions using mouse models
• PhD Degree in virology, molecular biology, Immunology or a related field
• At least one first-author paper in high-quality international peer-reviewed journal
• A strong background in molecular virology and immunological techniques is necessary
• Prior experience in BSL3 work will be added advantage
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their curriculum vitae with cover letter (with short statement of the research interests) and contact details of at least three referees to:
Dr Mookkan Prabakaran
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)